* The Mandatory Kit that has been specified for this event must be carried at all
times. You will not be allowed to start the race without it.
* It is advised not to take food, drink or any equipment from anybody other than
the event marshals.
* Please obey the race organisation at all times. This includes Civil Defense, Mountain Rescue, Gardai, Volunteers and all race personnel. Failure to heed marshals will result in time penalties and/or disqualification.
* DO NOT LITTER
* You can only use one bike. You will be given a sticker with your competitor
number, which must be fixed on front of your bike until the race is complete.
* There is no cycling in the transition area. Walk with your bike out of transition and only mount it when you pass the marshals on the road. Similarly on your return, before re-entering transition area, you must dismount your bike. Stewards will warn cyclists to prepare to slow down/dismount.
* Drafting behind a moving vehicle will NOT be tolerated as this represents an unfair advantage & will result in automatic disqualification.
* It is your responsibility to ensure that you are time checked at each station, (which will be in the form of a mat). Mats are located at the transition areas and at the top of the hill.
Competitors must run across the mats to log their time.
* It is the competitors responsibility to take care of their timing chip, any lost
chips will result in a penalty fee of €80.
* Competitors who retire must immediately report in person to race officials at the start/finish area to inform them you are no longer on the coarse and to return your timer.
* Do NOT trespass. You must stay on the marked course and never cut corners.
Any participant found outside of the marked course will be disqualified.
* If you come across a competitor in difficulty please help them first and then
inform the nearest marshal.
* Safety personnel reserve the right to remove any competitors from the event who they believe are putting themselves or others in undue danger.
* Water stations are located at T1 and T2
* Do not leave anything behind in the Bike Transition Area as this may be moved or cleared after transition.
* In the interest of safety ear phones, iPods, MP3 Players etc. are not allowed.
* When paying for your entry to WAAR it is stipulated that this is a non-refundable payment. As soon as a competitor enters, costs such as admin etc. are incurred. It is not possible to transfer entries to next year’s event, we do however allow competitors to substitute their entry for another person, up to closing of registration.